Friday, September 7, 2012

DECORATING WITH OARS

That's right, I said oars.  As in, the instruments you use to row boats or to shoo away unruly neighborhood children.  I just wanted to make that clarification, you know, just in case you also read the word "oars" the same way I read everything; in the voice of Michael Caine, which actually makes it "whores" instead. And if this post were really called "Decorating With Whores" then I imagine it would consist of me time traveling back to Gay Paree during La Belle Epoque and assisting some French prostitutes in hanging their beloved mirrors on the brothel ceiling, and then Owen Wilson would show up and be all "golly jeez gosh" and make me leave. But alas, it is not.  It's about oars, which feels extremely underwhelming in comparison doesn't it?  Anyway, did I mention oars are great for decorating?  And don't think you have to live near the beach, or the lake, or the river, or be on the cover of Coastal Living, or have a living room decorated like the poop deck of a Navy ship to rock some oar decor.  Oars are like little funky pieces of sculptural art. Each one is unique and there's lots of cool stuff you can do with them. (In Michael Caine voice) Ain't that right Maaaastah Wayyyne?
























No comments:

Post a Comment