Friday, September 28, 2012

METALLICA RULES: ROCKIN' OUT WITH METALLIC SPRAY PAINT



Gold painted branches
I've got a new obsession, people.  And it's a welcome one, as I've been seriously needing something to replace my obsession with drag queen makeup tutorials on YouTube.  I have finally found that in the form of metallic spray paint.  And while it's no smoky "bitch eye" it comes damn near close.  I'm seriously spray painting everything I can get my hands on with metallics.  Candle stick, get over here. Vase, you're mine kiddo. Wicker basket, you 'bout to get got. Sometimes I spray paint my face and pretend I'm the Terminator and terrorize the neighborhood children. The cashiers at Wal-Mart are starting to look at me like I have a huffing addiction because I'm in there every day buying multiple cans of spray paint (and I get the side-eye scope out every time they have to enter that I'm 18 and old enough to buy spray paint).  Why, even old Stan in the paint section knows me by name.  I guess I'm just so amazed with the results, I can't quit.  Silvers, golds, chromes, there are so many choices and they all look amazing.  Spray painted wood, comes out looking like real metal.  And if you are actually spraying it on metal or glass, it comes out with a brilliant sheen.  It's really an amazingly quick and cheap way to turn a dowdy, unremarkable piece into a mod standout.  I invite you to step into my gold and silver world below with some awesome examples of the magic of metallic spray paint.  I'll also be posting some of my metallic conquests in the next week.  And one last thing, if you happen to wander onto the spray paint aisle at your local Wal-Mart or Lowe's and find yourself blinded by the glorious light of metallics as I have, I only have one thing to say to you: "Run to the light, Carol Ann. Run as fast as you can! Mommy is in the light! Mommy is waiting for you in the light!!!!!!!"


Painted Ikea shelving
Painted Ikea candles
Spray painted chair
Baskets
Table using painter's tape
Painted bottles
Update your air vents!
Paint plastic toys to look like chic statues!
Entry table painted with mirrored spray paint
Spray paint your shoes!  Why not?

And my favorite of all....


Spray painted lawn flamingos!  From tacky to mod!
(or maybe it's just that badass backyard that make them seem cool)

No comments:

Post a Comment